The Buddha bowl is not just a big bowl of colorful veggies adored by vegetarian instragrammers and great yoga enthusiasts. One of the first recipes was published Martha Stewart, in 2013. It’s the complete dish in one bowl perfect for vegans, with proteins, vegetables and seeds, but this is just a base and you can put the ingredients you want.
So today there’s no need to present the Buddha bowls.They are filled with good things, perfect for using the rest of the fridge and for filling up with vitamins. Here is a winter version with rice and roasted vegetables. Serve it with the Arugula Hummus it’s a real delight!
Not to forget that in addition to being MEGA healthy, the Buddha bowl is a comforting and delicious dish that you can easily adapt to your tastes. Let’s bet that your menu of the week will be a lot less plain!
- 1 cup of wild rice and brown rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp roasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 red onion
- 1 zuccini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 sweet pepper
- ½ cup of arugula
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut the vegetables in thin slices, spread the vegetables on a baking sheet
- In a bowl mix olive oil, spices, salt and pepper.
- Spread on prepared plate of vegetables and cook 25 minutes or until vegetables are golden brown.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- In a bowl or large bowl, place the rice and add the vegetables, roasted, rocket. Serve with a generous amount of rocket hummus.