I love asparagus, in spring when they are in season I can eat it almost every day, so I am always looking for new ways to prepare them.
This asparagus and pesto soup is one of the favorite family recipe and is always a great success!
Serving size: 8 portions
- 3 cups asparagus, trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Basil pesto tea
- ½ cup milk 3.25%
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- fresh basil leaves, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, soften the onion and garlic in oil.
- Add potatoes asparagus and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 35 minutes or until potatoes and asparagus are tender.
- Reduce heat to minimum, add milk and yogurt
- In blender, reduce to pure purée.
- Salt and pepper.
Other soooo delicious soup recipes for you !
This post contient affiliate links . Click here to see the disclosure policy.