This cheesy and Veggie Cream cheese spread is Creamy and tangy with diced of fresh veggies and it’s perfect on bagels or toast, as a spread in sandwiches or wraps, or as a dip for crackers or raw vegetables.
This Cheese and Veggie Cream Cheese Spread is loaded up with extra flavor and diced fresh veggies. It turned out perfectly every time !
Garden fresh veggies and herbs make this cream cheese so flavorful and delicious! I used bell peppers, carrots, and scallions – and I went one step further and added fresh parsley and dill – because – yum! A few extra ingredients and you’ve got tangy, creamy veggie cream cheese! Super easy!
The Cheesy and Veggie Cream Cheese Spread is perfect for breakfast on bagels or toast, for lunch as a spread on a sandwich or in a wrap, or for snack as a dip for crackers or raw vegetables. I may have eaten it straight off of my finger more than once as well. I’m going crazy for this stuff – so good!
This will make close to a pound of veggie cream cheese–thats a lot! You may of course scale these ingredients back to meet your needs. You are also more than welcome to create a different vegetable combination to suit your own taste preferences. This is a fairly standard vegetable mix found in most bagel shops.
- 1 lb of Vegan Cream Cheese *
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Scallions (Green Onions)
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1-2 Carrots
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- Salt for Taste
- Place your cream cheese in your mixing bowl and let it come to room temperature (about 30 minutes). it will be easier to fold in your vegetable medley if your cheese has had time to warm up.
- While your cream cheese is warming to room temperature, start chopping your veggies. Personally, I like to start with the drier vegetables to keep the cutting board clean and mess free as long as possible.
- Wash your carrots. You may peel them if you like, I chose not to.
- Start chopping your carrots. I've found that if you cut the carrot in half lengthwise before chopping your carrots will be less likely to roll around and off your cutting board. Chop the carrots until you have a fairly fine mince.
- As with the previous vegetables, wash your celery.
- Cut off both end of your celery stalks. Chop celery until it is equal in size and shape to your first three vegetables.
- Wash your bell pepper, taking care to remove any dirt and stickers that may be on it. Carefully remove the center and seeds of the pepper. Chop and mince your pepper into a size and shape equivalent to your previous veggies.
- Wash your scallions and remove the root ends, taking care to remove as little of the scallion as possible. Chop and mince your scallions until they are in pieces equal in size and shape to your other vegetables
- After chopping all of those veggies, your cream cheese should have warmed to room temperature. Add all of your minced vegetables to your mixing bowl on top of the cream cheese. You've got yourself a pile o' veggies!
- Pick up your spoon and start mixing by folding your vegetables into your cream cheese. Mix and fold your veggie medley into your cream cheese until they are spread evenly throughout your cream cheese spread.
Get creative, now that you know the basic steps of flavoring cream cheese start creating other flavors. The traditional flavors include, onion and chives, strawberry, smoked salmon. Or even take it a step further–sun dried tomato anyone? Artichoke?
Others recipes you would like!