I love this soup, I often prepare it on Sundays in large quantities so I can it for lunch the rest of the week. Nourishing and healthy it’s the perfect soup for cold winter days
Serves: 4 -6
- 1 onion
- 3 celery stacks
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup of dry red lentil
- 1 can(19oz) white kidney bean
- 1 can (28oz)diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cup vegetable broth the best one !!!
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dry parley or ¼ cup of fresh parley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mince the garlic and dice the onion. Sauté both in a large pot with olive oil over medium heat until the onions are tender. Meanwhile, slice the celery and peel and slice the carrots. Add the celery and carrots to the pot and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes more.
- Drain the can of white beans and add it to the pot along with the diced tomatoes (with juices), dry lentils, cumin, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Finally, add the chicken broth, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat down to low, place a lid on top, and let it simmer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, test the lentils to make sure they are tender. If not, continue to simmer until they are tender.
[yikes-mailchimp form=”2″ title=”1″ description=”1″]