There’s probably a hundred recipes for broccoli soup out there, but not as many for broccolini soup. Since I had some in my fridge I figured combining this vegetable with hummus was a great way to have a hearty and healthy recipe for dinner
This broccolini and hummus soup is for guilt-free eating. It is prepared using all healthy ingredients. A bowl of this creamy broccolini soup is perfect for lunch or dinner. It is also vegan and plant based.
This soup is super easy to make and yet it is so bursting with flavour that it is bound to satisfy! One last thing that I like to do with this soup is to add a teaspoon a cream cheese on top (I use vegan). The cream cheese had a little twist, which goes particularly nicely with the broccolini and hummus flavour combination.
- 1½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 minced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 head of broccolini
- 2 potatoes cut into cubes
- ¾ cup of hummus
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- salt and black pepper freshly ground to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and fry the onion until tender.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add broccolini, potatoes, hummus and vegetable broth. Cover and simmer until broccolini is tender. It will take about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using an immersion blender, blender or food processor, mix soup until smooth.