Head to India with this delicious Indian Vegetables Curry flavored with Garam Massala spices, ginger and cumin an explosion of flavor in the mouth. You can served this curry with Basmati rice, coconut yoghurt and of course Naan Indian bread. With this dish I promise you a beautiful escape to the land of the Maharajas.
It’ also a deeply comforting dish, full of flavor and warmth, with sweet veggies in the velvet of the coconut milk and spice sauce. This Indian Vegetables Curry makes regular appearances at our table on week nights during the colder months. It has proven to be a most rewarding way to use the few mismatched vegetables that sometimes end up in the bottom of my vegetable drawer.
- 1 tbsp.oil
- 1 tsp Garam Massala
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. each black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 pepper any color diced
- ½ lime (juice)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cupvegetable broth The Best one !
- 1 tbps red curry
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Cut carrot, yellow squash and zucchini into rounds
- Measure all other ingredients and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the spices and sauté for about 15 seconds or until the spices are well mixed with the oil and the mixture is fragrant (be careful not to burn the spices).
- Add water and scrape well to mix.
- Add the onion,zucchini,squash carrot and pepper. Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes, covered.
- Add the lime juice, vegetable broth, coconut milk and cornstarch (dissolve the starch in a little coconut milk).
- Cook, stirring until thickened.
If you like recipes from others parts on the word, here are few more you probably like to try !
Wishing you a great week to come Friends !!