Who wants a bowl of fried vegan rice for lunch? I love to do this kind of meal for lunch. It’seasy and relatively quick to do, complete and meatless. If you love Asian food, this fried basmati rice recipe is for you! iIt’s ready in 35 minutes top, here you have an easy and fast week dish to prepare.
One of the main qualities of rice it is versatility: it can be prepared in a ton of ways, and with almost anything! Today, we cook it, with the vegetable I add in the fridge, you can do the same ! Add tamari and hoisin sauce for an amazing result and a mix of flavors that will charm you every time.
I always have edamame in my freezer to add to my rice because whatever the form and type of preparation, Edamame is a rich combination of nutrients that can bring many health benefits.
Edamame contains high doses of omega fatty acids, dietary fiber, protein and carbohydrates, as well as various minerals and vitamins.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 chopped green onions
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper in small cubes
- 1 stalk of celery chopped in cubes
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen edamame s
- In a wok, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions and cook for 1 minute. Add broccoli, pepper, celery garlic and ginger. Cook 4 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the rice is hot.
- Add tamari sauce, sriracha sauce, sesame oil and frozen edamame. Cook, stirring, 3 minute.