I love tomatoes, when summer comes I am all excited to eat it directly from the garden. This recipe of the marinated cherry tomato salad is prepared quickly. However it is necessary to allow a minimum of 4 to 5 hours to allow the tomatoes to absorb all the flavors of the marinade.
Enjoy the summer while you have fresh and tasty tomatoes on hand to prepare tomato recipes. For example, Pico de Gallo salsa which is so delicious with tortillas or simply on chicken cooked on the BBQ. You can also prepare a large amount of homemade tomato sauce that you can freeze afterwards.
In this version of Marinated cherry Tomato Salad, since we had a very hearty meal. I chose to serve it on Iceberg salad quarters for more lightness.
But you can very well serve it on rice, couscous, Quinoa and even Orzo.
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint of yellow cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup onions, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of house or market pesto
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove of pressed garlic
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- ½ cup Feta cheese.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add them in a bowl with the sliced green onions.
- Add olive oil, balsamic, parsley, pesto, sugar, garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, add the feta cheese.
- Mix and serve!