I wanted to have a Panini sooooo bad so that day I was though it was kind of a bummer not to have a Panini machine. I thought perhaps I could simply utilize a skillet to warm the sandwich and after that another on top to crush it, but I didn’t feel it. At that point I had an insane idea to use my waffle press!
So I hauled out my trusty waffle iron and all my sandwich stuff to get my Panini done . Let me tell you – it was soo tasty!!!
The waffle press gives the sandwich the toasty outside with the melty inside, much the same as a Panini machine .
- 4 slices of country bread
- 4 slices of Vegan mozzarella cheese slice
- 1 sliced tomato
- 8 fresh basil leaves salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the waffle maker, spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking oil.
- Assemble the sandwich with 2 slices of bread, tomatoes, 2 slices of mozzarella and basil. Season with salt and pepper
- Place the sandwich in the middle of the waffle iron.
- Close and press the cover of the waffle machine. Cook until bread is lightly toasted and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately