This dish is very simple to make, with great taste and could convince anyone who doesn’t like tofu ! Ok tofu is not sexy and it may seem bland (I admit…). But it’s instead a magic food. We can give it the taste we want, insert it into a lot of preparations and it’s a very good substitute for meat .
Another delicious vegan meal, easy to do and doesn’t use a lot of dishes since everything is cooked on a baking sheet !
Sesame Caramelized Tofu with Grilled Vegetables
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon of flour
- 1 pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 2 cup of brown rice
- Marinate the cubed tofu for several hours in the soy sauce + sugar + honey + garlic mixture. (All night is ideal).
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Cook the rice with the instructions on the packaging
- In a deep plate, add flour. Pour the tofu dice into this mixture to cover them well. The mixture will become a little pasty but it ‘s normal.
- And the Tofu to a baking sheet.
- Cut your vegetables into slices, add to the baking sheet , sprinkle a little a sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 10 minutes, remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes
- Serve hot on top of brown rice.