All the family LOVES this recipe of Cauliflower General Tao. They love it when a veggie dish is a reminder of the “real deal” and it’s even more delicious .
For a long I wanted to make cauliflower with a General Tao sauce, I was sure it was going to taste delicious ! So I tried it and Bang ! Now this dish often come back on the menu .
Not only is this General Tao dish vegan, it’s so delicious, and we don’t really don’t miss the meat. It does take a little bite of time to make, but I promise you it’s worth it ! Cauliflower is in season at the moment so they are very cheap, which makes this dish significantly less expensive than if done it with chicken.
- 1 tbsp. of avocado oil
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. soy milk
- ½ cupunbleached flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 cauliflower, in florets
- ¼ cup of Vegan soy sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- A clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ofsambal eolek
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- A small green onion, chopped
- Roasted sesame seeds
- Cooked rice
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a bowl, combine milk, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Soak the cauliflower florets
- Place the florets on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and cook for 20 minutes
- During this time prepare the sauce.
- Place soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and sambal eolek in a small saucepan.
- Over medium heat, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to dilute it and then add to the sauce. Mix well.
- Remove the florets from the oven, add to the sauce and mix well to coat the florets in the sauce. Remove from the heat
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.