I love waffles in all their forms. After all a Sunday without a waffle is like … A Sunday without pancakes: it’s sad (unless you have brunch, there, everything is fine). Moreover, these Vegan Blueberry waffles are perfect for brunch, or to take with you. They can heat up in the toaster and freeze well.
I used coconut oil for this recipe, which leaves a very subtle taste that I love. This oil is rich in fatty acids, potassium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins. It is very stable when cooked. It contains about 10% fewer calories than other fats and has an anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial action. Not to mention that she can work miracles on the skin. 🙂
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds dipped in ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 cups of choice vegetable milk
- 2 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- My large bowl, I begin by making my flax seeds eggs by adding water to the seeds and let it rest in the fridge for about 15 minutes
- During this time, I prepare my dry ingredients by mixing the flours, salt and baking soda well.
- Add vanilla, zest and lemon juice, oil and maple syrup to the flax seed egg.
- I add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk.
- Gently add the blueberries.
- It only remains to cook in a lightly oiled waffle iron.