The magic ingredient of this sauce? Cashews! When we look at homemade alternative to replace cheese, cashews are very often cited for its very creamy side. This recipe of Vegan Mac and Cheese is very simple and only take 30 minutes to make.
The creamy cashew and squash sauce is delicious with pasta (of course it’s a classic!), But also on rice, as an accompaniment to bowls of vegetables like Buddha bowl or grilled vegetables. It’s a perfect recipe if you want to gradually incorporate a few more vegetarian options into your little family’s menu: kids usually love macaroni with “cheese”
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of hot water for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- Mix the cashew with the rest of the ingredients (except pasta), in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy. Rectify the seasoning to taste.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water as indicated on the package to become al dente.
- Meanwhile, pour the sauce into a large saucepan to heat over medium heat.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, put them in the pan with the cheese sauce and mix well.