The vegetarian spring rolls are one of our family favorite food.
They are all about texture. Inside you have rice noodles, crisp vegetables and usually it come with some type of meat or seafood, but here I decided to use tofu. So many textures, flavors and colors wrapped in a small package. They are super good!
I also made a quick super peanut sauce to go with it from Ricardo site , you can find the recipe here :
- 16 RICE PAPER
- 1PACKAGE EXTRA FIRM TOFU1PACKAGE EXTRA FIRM TOFU
- 2 SHREDDED CAROTTS
- 1 RED PEPPER IN THIN STRIPS
- ½ CUP MINT
- 2 TBSP RICE VINEGAR
- 2TBSP SOYA SAUCE
- Marinate tofu 1 hour in soy sauce
- In a bowl, cover the vermicelli in boiling water and let stand 5 minutes. Drain and reserve
- In a large bowl of hot water, soak 1 rice cake at a time about 15 to 20 seconds. Remove them from the water, drain well and place on a dry cloth. Pat dry
- On a work plan place the rice paper. Arrange 2 to 3 mint leaves, 1 tsps carrots, 2 thin strip of peppers, about 1 / 4 of a cup of vermicelli and finally 1 strip of tofu.
- Fold the sides toward the center. roll tightly to enclose filling well.
- Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and proceed with the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate until serving. Cut the rolls in half crosswise.