Creamy Vegan sweet potato and red pepper soup with sweet potatoes, cooked in vegetable stock with marinated grilled red pepper, brown rice, and onion, puréed and seasoned.
Looking for a special soup to serve this holiday season? Consider this creamy sweet potato soup!
It has a base of sweet potates, Red marinated peppers, onion, and vegetable stock, soooo yummy. The perfect confort and warm soup for this holidays season
This creamy Vegan Sweet Potato Soup and Red Pepper is one that shows up around here regularly.
If you like an extra kick of heat, try adding some red Thai curry paste. It gives this an extra layer of flavor – totally optional but SO SO good.
It’s terrific with a little Soya milk to give it the creamiest texture !
Serving size: 6
- 3 SWEETS POTATOES
- 1 ONION
- ½ CUP MARINATED GRILLED RED PEPPERS
- ½ CUP BROWN RICE
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES
- 8 CUP OF VEGETABLE STOCK
- ½ CUP SOYA MILK
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- Add the chopped onions and sauté with 2 tbsp of water for 3 to 4 minutes, then add the garlic and cook a minute more.
- Add the sweet potatoes, vegetable stock, red pepper , and brown rice. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer uncovered until the sweet potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to purée the soup or work in batches and purée the soup in a standing blender.
- Add the cream and milk to the soup, and heat on medium until the soup is heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
More recipes you might like !