A lot of combinations work here, you can certainly add broccoli or celery, etc. But for this version , I went with tomatoes, pepper, black olives and peas, they go perfectly together with their texture .
Dinner doesn’t get any more basic than this very veggie rice . I call it basic, because it’s made with whole foods that will nourish and satisfy you and your family. Lively, because it’s filled with veggies and color that makes an otherwise visually boring dish, strikingly appetizing.
So this very veggie rice is perfect if you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen making healthy food that tastes good.
- 1½ of basmati rice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup of peas
- 1 cup of olive kalamata pitted
- 1 big red pepper
- 1 or 2 onions
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop the onion, slice the pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan, make the onion blond.
- Add the peppers and leave for a few minutes.
- Pour the rice and stir until it is transparent.
- Pour 2 cups hot water (or broth), salt and pepper and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat. or until the rice is cooked.
- Add tomatoes, small peas and olives.
- Serve hot or cold